Cam image updates every minute during the daylight hours. High-resolution image is here.
The Lighthouse! It's been here since 1870, was destroyed in an earthquake and rebuilt in 1908. It stands 115 feet tall. In 1984, a nonprofit organization called the Point Arena Lighthouse Keepers acquired the light station as part of a 25 year land lease from the Coast Guard and the Department of Transportation. In November of 2000, the nonprofit group became the official owners of the property due to their diligent historic preservation and educational efforts. Daily visitation, gift store sales, memberships and the rental of the historic Keeper's homes on the property as vacation houses, all provide desperately needed income for ongoing preservation, facility upgrades and educational endeavors. Read more about it here.